Hardwood floors in your house are gorgeous, but to keep them looking vibrant it is important to take proper care of them. Floors should be swept every couple of days, or every day if possible! Once a week they should be cleaned with a microfiber mop and approved cleaner and then heavy duty maintenance cleanings should be provide every couple of years by a professional. Here are some other tips on how to keep your floors looking flawless.
- Avoid using cleaners that use words such as polish or shine as this usually indicates there has been a wax added to the cleaner that will build up on your floor.
- A great natural cleaner is to use 1 tablespoon of distilled vinegar mixed with 1 gallon of water.
- Consider putting felt pads on the bottom of your furniture to avoid scratches.
- High heel shoes can damage the wood floor, so try to avoid wearing those when walking on the floor.
- Keep the floor at a temperature between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. These helps prevent the wood from expanding and contracting.
- Place door mats at entry doors to catch small rocks and other debris that could cause damage to the wood floor.
Hardwood floors are beautiful but require regular care and maintenance. For more information on caring for your floors, call Traditional Hardwood Floors, LLC at 614-308-0888.